We value you and respect your right to privacy; the success of our business depends upon our ability to maintain your trust. The information you provide us with online, such as your name, email address and phone numbers when you register with us or participate in a competition, promotion or survey will not be distributed, sold or given to third parties without your permission.
When you register online or participate in a competition or promotion you may choose to receive emails or SMS messages and telephone calls from us regarding our products, services, competitions, and promotions. You have the opportunity to opt out of any of these means of communication, which will exclude you from being sent promotional material at our discretion.
Your information is used in order to make your online experience more effortless and to communicate with you about our products, services, competitions and promotions provided we have your permission to do so. In addition, we may use some of the information you provide to help us improve our site design and efficiency.
Our web site may contain links to other sites that are not under our control. These will have their own policies regarding privacy, which you should review before visiting them. We cannot take responsibility for linked Web sites and provide these links solely for the convenience and information of our visitors.
We recommend that you review our policy from time to time as there may be occasional updates.
The following outlines the way in which APARA receives information from you via our web site and the manner in which it is used:
- When you register, you create a user name and password and provide some details. These enable us to ensure that your future interactions with us online are more effortless.
- When you register, you may also choose whether or not you wish to receive email and SMS communication from us. These communications are usually to notify you about important changes to the web site, new services, and special offers we think you’ll find valuable. If you would rather not receive this information, or would like to opt-out of any other forms of communication, you may do so by updating your options.
APARA shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users and for the purpose of this clause, “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act of 2000 (PAIA);
APARA may electronically collect, store and use, amongst other, the following personal information of users:
- name and surname;
- contact details;
- non-personal browsing habits and click patterns;
- e-mail address;
- IP address;
- Identity number.
APARA may collect, maintain, save, compile, share, disclose and sell any information collected from users, subject to the following provisions:
- APARA shall not disclose personal information from users unless the user consents thereto.
- APARA shall disclose information without the user’s consent only through due legal process.
- APARA may compile, use and share any information that does not relate to any specific individual.
APARA owns and retains all rights to non-personal statistical information collected and compiled.